Please help us to continue our work by donating some money to us this New Year. We have secured much of the funding to continue our work for another year but we need to ask people to make a small donation to help us balance our books for the year ahead.
The work that we do to help the vulnerable and responding to the issues that affect the quality of life of all of us in Fitzrovia is not possible without the work of paid staff and voluntary workers. We have to cover the cost of bills and rent as well as having our finances and governance audited. These costs go up each year.
The government cutbacks have affected the amount of money we receive. We no longer receive core funding from either Camden or Westminster councils and in 2014 we will be moving into smaller premises at 5A Goodge Place.
However, we have identified new sources of funding to make up part of the shortfall from the loss of local authority grants and we are confident to be able to maintain most of our services. However, we do need your help to continue our work for the year ahead.
Our services include:
- Free housing, welfare and debt advice to residents.
- Community development work using art and textiles with Bangladeshi women.
- Combating social isolation among the elderly and disabled using art and culture.
- Gentle exercise for older people.
- A community newspaper to inform and entertain those who live and work in Fitzrovia, and promote active citizenship and local democracy.
- Campaigning to improve quality and availability of affordable housing.
- Responding to planning and licensing applications to both Camden and Westminster councils to protect residents amenity.
- Organising the Fitzrovia Festival with social, historical and walking events to celebrate the life and history of the neighbourhood.
Please visit our donate page today to make a one-off payment to help us. Or if you cannot make a donation, please show your support by liking our Facebook Page, and following us on Twitter, Google+ and Linkedin.
volunteer director and trustee, Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association