There were 19 planning applications validated by Westminster council during February in Fitzrovia. To view the applications and make a comment, see the monthly list below.
- Details of the ventilation system to get rid of cooking smells from the premises/acoustic assessent of proposed plant and equipment pursuant to Conditions 12 and 26 of planning permission dated 11 July 2018 (RN: 17/06273).
35 – 50 Rathbone Place London W1T 1AA
- Excavation to create a deeper basement level and excavation under Wells Mews, demolition of 58-60 Berners Street and demolition behind retained facade of 14-17 Wells Street and erection of a new mixed use development within two adjoining buildings comprising lower ground, ground plus 5 storeys fronting Wells Street and lower ground, ground plus 7 storeys fronting Berners Street to accommodate flexible retail (Class A1) or financial and professional services (Class A2) or restaurant (Class A3) purposes on part lower ground and part ground floors, office (Class B1) on upper floors and installation of plant behind screening on both roof levels. The scheme also includes external alterations to 14 and 15 Eastcastle Street (part of Woolverstone House) to accommodate a wider and improved entrance into Wells Mews from Eastcastle Street, an upgraded residential entrance to 1 Wells Mews. (site includes 58-60 Berners Street, 14-17 Wells Street, 13-15 Eastcastle Street and 1 Wells Mews)
Development Site At 58-60 Berners St, 14-17 Wells St, 13-15 Eastcastle St And 1 Wells Mews London
- Use of part ground floor and part lower ground floor for office (Class B1) purposes and installation of rooftop plant.
Development Site At 41 – 44 Berners Street London
- Replacement of front facade timber windows with new double-glazed aluminium windows, creation of the ground floor light well on the Great Castle Street, erection rear extensions at rear elevation from first to fourth floors, first floor part extension at rear, and refurbishment of the interior including new services and plant.
10 Great Castle Street London W1W 8LP
- Display of a non-illuminated sign on post box opposite the Langham Hotel measuring 1.6m x 0.92m to commemorate Comic Relief from 8 March to 22 March 2019.
1-2 Langham Place London W1B 3DE
- Use of the ground and basement as either A1 retail and/or B1 use and alterations to the shop front including new extract grille.
Basement And Ground Floor 9 Rathbone Place London W1T 1HW
- Display for a temporary period of six months of a non illuminated estate agent board attached to the railings in front of the building at street level and measuring 0.60m X 0.45m.
4 Margaret Street London W1W 8RF
- Installation of a sculpture erected on top of the external lift shaft in the building’s courtyard illuminated by spot lights. (Retrospective application)
20 Newman Street London W1T 1PF
- Amendments to planning permission dated 10 November 2015 (RN: 14/11837) for: Demolition of existing building and redevelopment to provide a building of three blocks separated by landscaped areas (Block A – comprising ground and nine upper floors, Block B – ground and three upper floors and Block C – ground and three upper floors, each with basement and sub-basement) to provide up to 105 residential units, a petrol filling station, a mix of retail (Class A1)/ restaurant (Class A3)/ drinking establishment (Class A4)/office (Class B1)/ non-residential institution (Class D1) and assembly and leisure (Class D2) floorspace, and 46 residential parking spaces with associated plant space across sub-basement, basement and ground floor levels. Namely, to allow the reconfiguration of the Building C refuse and cycle stores, amendments to the car parking layout and associated DoV to the S106 Agreement.
87 – 89 Cleveland Street London W1T 6PJ
- Retention of the existing ground floor fenestration, installation of an external iron spiral stair, insertion of fifth floor studio gallery to 4 flats and formation of 4 dormer windows (one per studio) to rear roof pitch. (Linked to 19/01004/LBC)
Emerson Bainbridge House 47 Cleveland Street London W1W 6DL
- Retention of the existing ground floor fenestration, installation of an external iron spiral stair, insertion of fifth floor studio gallery to 4 flats and formation of 4 dormer windows (one per studio) to rear roof pitch.(Linked to 19/01003/FULL)
Emerson Bainbridge House 47 Cleveland Street London W1W 6DL
- Removal of Condition 19 of planning permission dated 18 December 2017 (RN: 17/09640) which in itself varied condition 1 of planning permission dated 22 April 2014 (RN: 13/10178) for: Demolition of the existing building and redevelopment to provide a building on basement to fourth floors comprising residential accommodation (Class C3) at part basement, part ground and first to fourth floor levels (2×2 and 1×3 bedroom units) and retail accommodation (Class A1) at part basement and part ground floor levels. Installation of plant at basement level and on a flat roof area at rear second floor level to revise the design for the front facade.; NAMELY to not install the acoustic screen.
35 Riding House Street London W1W 7EA
- Placing of five planters on the pavement at the North East corner of the junction between Great Titchfield Street and Clipstone Street.
Holcroft Court Clipstone Street London W1W 5DF
- Installation of two air conditioning units, two condensers and two extract fans to the rear of the property.
41-42 Eastcastle Street London W1W 8DU
- Display for a temporary period of six months of a non-illuminated ‘to let’ board on the face of the building at a height of 2.5m above pavement level and measuring 0.6m and 0.45m.
32 Rathbone Place London W1T 1JJ
- Use of the public highway measuring 1.1m X 9.5m for the placing of 6 chairs and 3 tables in connection with the ground floor use.
24-25 Ground Floor Foley Street London W1W 6DX
- Display of externally illuminated fascia sign measuring 3.2m x 0.7m and internally illuminated (letters only) projecting sign measuring 0.6m x 0.6m
Basement And Ground Floor 85 Mortimer Street London W1W 7SN
- Change of use of basement and ground floors to a mixed retail/ health & beauty Spa ( Sui Generis) .
Ground Floor And Basement 59 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 7PT
- Details of green roof pursuant to Condition 19 of planning permission dated 25th June 2015 (RN: 14/08576).
Development Site 36 To 40 Langham Street And 94 Great Portland Street London