There were 19 planning applications validated by Westminster council during December 2019. To view the applications and make a comment, see the monthly list below.
- Erection of rear extensions onto Berners Mews at third and fourth floor levels. Reconfiguration of existing building and creation of three residential units in the Mews block of the building, alterations to the facades on Berners Mews, Berners Street and the light well court, alterations to the external escape stair and erection of roof level plant enclosure onto Berners Street.
21 Berners Street London W1T 3LP
- Display of two internally illuminated fascia signs each measuring 0.78m x 1.14m each on Bolsover Street and Great Portland Street elevations, and 1 internally illuminated projection sign measuring 0.96m x 0.96m, and 4 non illuminated letterings to exterior of glazing measuring 4.72m x 0.30m, 4.67m x 0.30m, 1.98m x 0.30m, and 3.13m x 0.30m. (Linked to 19/10075/FULL)
246-248 Great Portland Street London W1W 5QY
- Details of a written scheme of investigation for a programme of archaeological work pursuant to condition 4 of planning permission dated 11th March 2019 (RN:18/03229).
134 Oxford Street London W1D 1LU
- Amendments to planning permission dated 13 December 2018 (RN: 17/11106) for: ‘Demolition and redevelopment to provide a building of three basement levels, ground and part five, part six upper floors for use as a hotel ( Class C1) with ancillary restaurant, bar and wellness facilities, including terraces at 4th and 6th floors; plant equipment at 6th floor and roof level and associated works’; Namely, reduction in hotel bedrooms from 100 to 85 and accordingly a revised room layout at floors one to six; Reconfiguration of the front elevation to align with the revised internal configuration; Creation of a void at first basement level; Reconfiguration of the loading dock space and entrance to the rear; Repositioning of lifts and staircases; Minor facade amendments including hotel main entrance, deli entrance and servicing entrance; Reconfiguration of front of house and back of house areas including the restaurant / bar and deli at ground floor level; Provision of the wellness facility within the basement rather than at the ground floor; and repositioning of the stair overrun.
50 – 57 Newman Street London W1T 3EB
- Amendments to planning permission dated 10 November 2015 (RN: 14/11837) for: Demolition of existing building and redevelopment to provide a building of three blocks separated by landscaped areas (Block A – comprising ground and nine upper floors, Block B – ground and three upper floors and Block C – ground and three upper floors, each with basement and sub-basement) to provide up to 105 residential units, a petrol filling station, a mix of retail (Class A1)/ restaurant (Class A3)/ drinking establishment (Class A4)/office (Class B1)/ non-residential institution (Class D1) and assembly and leisure (Class D2) floorspace, and 46 residential parking spaces with associated plant space across sub-basement, basement and ground floor levels. Namely, amend the description of development to reflect the changes proposed under a S73 Minor Material Amendment. Namely, to allow amendment to the description of development to remove reference to the ‘electric charging station’.
87 – 89 Cleveland Street London W1T 6PJ
- Variation of conditions 1, 20, 26 and 27 of planning permission dated 10 November 2015 (RN: 14/11837/FULL) for the: Demolition of existing building and redevelopment to provide a building of three blocks separated by landscaped areas (Block A – comprising ground and nine upper floors, Block B – ground and three upper floors and Block C – ground and three upper floors, each with basement and sub-basement) to provide up to 105 residential units, a petrol filling station, a mix of retail (Class A1)/ restaurant (Class A3)/ drinking establishment (Class A4)/office (Class B1)/ non-residential institution (Class D1) and assembly and leisure (Class D2) floorspace, and 46 residential parking spaces with associated plant space across sub-basement, basement and ground floor levels. NAMELY; to allow amendments to the existing mix of ground floor and basement commercial uses and the amalgamation and subdivision of other units to create greater flexibility and usability, relocation and addition of new electric charging points, infill the existing electric charging station forecourt to create additional A1 retail floorspace, and associated works.
87 – 89 Cleveland Street London W1T 6PJ
- Display of one internally illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.375m x 1.23m located behind the window, one non illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.746m x 1.446m and one non illuminated projecting sign measuring 0.45m x 0.45m.
Portland House 4 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QJ
- Use of lower ground and ground floors as gymnasium (Class D2).
36 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 8BQ
- Use of ground floor and basement as a restaurant (Class A3) and/or as an assembly and leisure facility (Class D2) and installation of a full height extract duct on the rear elevation and plant within an enclosure at rear third floor level.
4 Berners Street London W1T 3LE
- Display for a temporary period of six months of a non-illuminated estate agent board located on the face of the building at ground floor level and measuring 0.9m x 0.6m
66 Wells Street London W1T 3PY
- Display for a temporary period of six months of a non-illuminated estate agent board measuring 0.9m x 0.6m attached to the balustrade at the front of the building at ground floor level. (Renewal)
1 Great Portland Street London W1W 8PZ
- Alterations to south and west facades at ground level and relocation of main office entrance glazing.
101 New Cavendish Street London W1W 6EA
- Use of part of second floor as office (Class B1).
The Plaza 120 Oxford Street London W1D 1LT
- Installation of cold-water booster set and storage tank. (retrospective)
Moray House 23-31 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 7PA
- Sample of the treated ductwork pursuant to condition 6 of planning permission dated 25th September 2019 (RN:19/05919)
Basement And Ground Floor 79-81 Mortimer Street London W1W 7SJ
- Installation of a new shopfront.
Threeways House 40-44 Clipstone Street London W1W 7EB
- Amendments to planning permission dated 27 July 2017 (RN: 15/09828/FULL) for demolition of existing building and redevelopment to provide a new building comprising two basement levels, ground and first to eighth floors. Use of part basement and ground floors for dual/alternative retail (Class A1) or restaurant (Class A3) purposes, use of the remainder of the property as up to 31 flats (Class C3), including terraces and balconies, with ancillary car and cycle parking; provision of photovoltic cells, a green roof and associated plant. NAMELY, to enable amendments to Condition 27 and 28 to permit internal demolition works within the building.
204A Great Portland Street London W1W 5NP
- Use of two areas of the public highway for the placing of tables and chairs; i) 5 tables and 20 chairs, 2 Planters on Adam and Eve Court in an area measuring 12.1m x 2.5m and ii) 2 tables and 6 chairs and 2 Planters in an area of 9.5m x 1.6m on the Wells Street frontage in connection with the existing public house.
77A Wells Street London W1T 3QP
- Removal of 34 existing air conditioning units from rear facade and replacement with two acoustic plant enclosures at 6th floor roof level; creation of roof terrace with permiter roof planters and replacement metal balustrades; creation of sedum roof and installation of roof level photovoltaics and ancillary associated works.
131-151 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 5BB