Then the Expert Patient Programme (EPP) might be for you. Courses take place over six weeks with one half day or evening session each week.
We are running two new Expert Patient Programmes in April: one in English and one for Bengali-speakers.
The course for English-speakers starts on 19 April 2012 at Fitzrovia court, 24 Carburton Street, London W1W 5AS. There is an optional free lunch provided afterwards. Contact Barbara: 020 7580 4576
The programme includes:
• healthy lifestyle advice including diet and exercise
• managing pain, fatigue and stress; and relaxation techniques
• better communication with family, friends and health professionals
Meet other people in a friendly environment.
Learn new skills to have a healthier life. Share your experiences and ideas.
Courses are free and run in local, accessible venues.
The Expert Patient Service is open to people who:
• live in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea or Westminster (or are registered with a GP in the area)
• have a long-term health condition (eg. heart disease, diabetes, depression, asthma, cancer, or any other condition)
The Service is also open to carers living in the area.
Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association
39 Tottenham Street,
Tel: 020 7580 4576