Please help us to continue our charitable work by donating some money to us this winter. We have already secured much of the funding to continue our work for another year from large grants from charitable trusts but we need to ask people to make a small donation to help us balance our books for the year ahead.
In 2013 we will move to new premises, leaving our much loved home at 39 Tottenham Street of nearly 40 years. We are having to leave because the owners Camden council are selling the building We will likely have less space at our new premises to deliver our services but we recognise that in times of austerity we need to live within our means.
The continuing rising cost of accommodation in Fitzrovia affects not only those living here but organisations like ourselves delivering community services.
The work that we do to help the vulnerable and responding to the issues that affect the quality of life of all of us in Fitzrovia is not possible without the work of paid staff and voluntary workers. We have to cover the cost of bills and rent as well as having our finances and governance audited. These costs go up each year.
Our services include:
- A drop in advice service
- Support for older people with health, arts and social activities
- Responding to planning and licensing applications from Camden and Westminster
- Publication of Fitzrovia News our free neighbourhood news paper
- Community development activities for the Bangladeshi community
- Space for residents’ and tenants’ associations to meet
- Office support for local groups
If you have any questions about the work that we do, please get in touch, or give us a call on 020 7580 4576.
Linus Rees, volunteer fund-raiser, Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association